Are you a gamer who loves playing Steam games but wants to be able to enjoy them on your Android device while on the go? If the process seems overwhelming, don’t fret because there is good news! You can now play your PC games on your Android without the need for a PC. In this article, we will walk you through four different methods to play Steam games on your Android device without the hassle of a PC. We will cover a range of options, from the simplest to the most complex, so you can choose the one that suits your comfort level.
Why Play Steam Games on Android Without a PC?
Being able to play Steam games on an Android device without needing a PC has been a long-standing desire for many gamers. Whether it’s for the sake of convenience or flexibility, the ability to play your favorite games on a portable device can be a game-changer in more ways than one. Here are some reasons why you might want to play Steam games on Android without a PC:
Playing games on your Android device gives you the convenience of playing anywhere and anytime. Say goodbye to the hassle of carrying a bulky computer around or being confined to one place.
The portability of Android devices makes them ideal for gaming. You can enjoy your favorite games on the go, whether you’re on public transport or waiting for an appointment, without the need for a power source like a desktop PC requires.
Playing Steam games on your Android device can save you money. You don’t have to invest in an expensive gaming desktop or laptop. Instead, you can use your existing device to play games that you’ve already purchased.
Method 1: Using Steam Link
The Steam Link app is the easiest and most straightforward way to play Steam games on your Android device. To get started, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Steam app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- On your computer, go to Steam and download the Steam Link app.
- Open the Steam Link app on your Android device and ensure it’s connected to the same network as your computer.
- The app will automatically search for nearby computers with Steam. Once it finds your computer, click on it to connect.
- You will then see your Steam library on your Android device. Select the game you want to play, and it will start streaming to your mobile device.
- Easy setup
- Compatible with any Android device
- Free to use
- Requires a stable internet connection
- Image and sound quality depend on the quality of the local connection
Method 2: Using Remotr
Remotr is another app that allows you to play PC games on your mobile devices, even on less powerful machines, without experiencing any lag. To use Remotr, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Remotr Streamer app on your computer and the Remotr app on your Android device.
- Launch the Remoter Streamer app on your computer and log in.
- Launch the Remoter app on your Android device and log in.
- On your mobile device, tap on “Add Computer” and enter the computer’s name, IP address, and port number.
- The application will list the available games on the remote computer, which you can play.
- Easy navigation
- Compatible with all Android devices
- Good graphics
- May experience lag while playing games
- Remote playing can drain your battery quickly
Method 3: Using Parsec
Parsec is a newer program that allows you to run games remotely with low-latency. It allows users to connect to a computer remotely through any modern device running on either Windows, Mac, Linux, or Android. Follow these steps to use Parsec:
- Download the Parsec app on your computer and mobile device from their website.
- Install and open both applications.
- Once you’ve created an account, sign in to the Parsec Client app on your phone or tablet.
- On your PC, click the “Host” button in the Parsec app and log in using your account credentials.
- On your Android device, open Parsec and sign in.
- Select “Play” and choose the computer you want to connect to.
- Clear and sharp audio and video output
- Works even on low-spec PCs
- Performance may suffer with a poor connection
If none of the above methods are working for you, here are some tips to help you troubleshoot:
- Check your network connection and make sure you have a strong signal.
- Ensure that the computer is on and not in sleep mode.
- Use the latest version of the app for your Android device.
- Make sure that your network is not blocking the connection to the Steam servers.
- Try restarting your Android device and computer to refresh the connection.
For a more immersive gaming experience, consider using a gamepad or a controller. Some of these apps readily support controllers such as the Xbox One controller.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the best app to play Steam games on Android?
A: The Steam Link app is the most straightforward and easiest app to stream Steam games on any Android device.
Q2: Can I play my Steam library from anywhere in the world?
A: No, you can only stream your games from a computer that’s connected to the same network as your mobile device.
Q3: Do I need an expensive gaming laptop or desktop to stream my games?
A: No, you only need a computer capable of running the games and a high-speed internet connection.
Q4: Can I use a Bluetooth controller?
A: Yes, both Parsec and Remotr support Bluetooth controllers.
Q5: Can a low-end computer still stream games to an Android device?
A: Yes, Parsec claims to be optimized for low-end hardware while streaming games.
Playing Steam games on Android devices is becoming increasingly accessible. By using the methods listed above, you can enjoy your favorite PC games on the go without being tied to your computer. While not all methods may work for everyone, finding the one that suits you best will make all the difference in transforming your mobile device into a gaming machine. Take the time to test different options and find the one that works best for you; it’s worth it!